Saturday, September 24, 2005

Saturday, 24 September... Check on Friends and Relatives

I called my aunt and uncle in Nacogdoches to check on them. When I first called, they were fine. My uncle had gone out to deliver fuel. My aunt was upset that he had recieved little rest, but was otherwise fine.

With later telephone calls, I learned that they were without electricity and had received much tree damage. Fortunately, their house and roof were fine.

I called W&KL and they, their house and yard made it fine, with the exception of a chinese tallow tree that fell on the corner of the house. It didn't damage the house, and was a tree that they wanted to remove, so they were in a happy state.

I called Dude and KBJ, and they made it through the storm alright. They ended up boarding the windows from the inside, left all of the cats free to roam, and had just awoken to emergencies from some of Dude's properties.

MT called to check on me and Miss C. She had made it as far as the northside of Houston and they were on their way back home to League City.

Alex called to check on me. He was pleased to learn that I had power and not so much damage.

Lisa K called to check in. Her house didn't have power, nor did M's, so they were going to return to LM's house for the day and evening.

I tried repeatedly to call DDFL, but to no avail. She had supposedly evacuated to her Mom's house, which is right around the corner of my aunt's house, which was my planned evacuation destination.

She finally called early afternoon. She was on her way home from Humble, where she stayed after 8 hours travel from Friendswood (normally an hour to hour-and-half commute). She told me that her husband had made it all the way to Nac, using backroads, and was at her Mom's house in his S-O truck. We talked until she made it home and found little to no damage. I was happy to locate her, finally!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home