Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday, 23 September... Overcome with worry about my brother

I talked to my aunt, in Nacogdoches, for the last time around 10pm.

Opening up to her, I expressed my concern for my estranged (by his declaration) brother. He lives in Newton County and works in Jasper County. By all accounts, he would be receiving the worst of the weather.

My aunt asked if I would like her to call him. I quickly said yes. She did, but received no answer, either at home, or on his cell phone. And she called me back to let me know.

At this point, I had to put my faith in the Lord, to take care of him.

For a few brief moments, I thought about how for most of the week, the worst of the hurricane was predicted to cross my path. I wondered if he had even been concerned in the slightest with my well-being. It serves no good to wonder, and it doesn't change a thing. I love him with all my heart, irregardless of his feelings for me. It hurts, yes, but it doesn't change a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home