Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday, 23 September... Check in with my RR Times of Trouble Buddies

I moved the computer from the "safe room", back to the study, so I could hook it back up and have access to the internet.

Then, I checked in on my RR Chatroom Buddies, who were busy discussing my predicament. I can't begin to tell you how much their support meant. I only hope that I have provided the same to them! They have much more experience with hurricanes than I do, as this is the first time I've been faced with an impending close distance hit.

They held me in high esteem for the amount of preparation I had pulled off, and for my state of calmness. I could accept their compliments for preparedness, but I felt that my calmness was a product of exhaustion.

Birch told me exactly what to expect and though I didn't know it then, it would serve to assure me through the night. Each person made recommendations as to where in the house I should sleep, as well as the things that I should keep by my side.

My chat was interrupted around 830pm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home