Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday, 23 September... Sporadic Conversations via Walky Talky

At points during the evening and into the night, we all checked in to make sure that everyone was doing ok, and to make sure that our emergency communications system was working.

KL asked if I wanted to come over to have a burger. I declined because of my fear of getting caught in the worst... away from home.

I asked, at some point, if we needed to turn off our utilities. It was determined, by consensus, to leave them on. At the point it would be necessary (flooding), we would communicate with each other.

A&J issued an invitation to a scrabble tournament. Jokingly, I told them that the last door was boarded and I had no way of getting out. When chastised, though, I confessed that I was simply too tired and too afraid of getting caught away from home in the worst.

Rambo ended the evening by thanking God for looking over us. Everyone began to say goodnight to each other.

And the last words I heard were uttered by Rambo... "Good night John Boy; Good night Mary Ellen".

With those words, I chuckled, arranged my pillow... and went to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home