Friday, September 23, 2005

Friday, 23 September... Final Outdoor Preparations

I finish bringing everything outside in, with the exception of the bbq pit, which is left to move into the study, just before boarding the operable terrace door.

My neighbor, Ms. M, came down to my house, wondering if I had a pet kennel that she could borrow. I had one in the attic that belonged to my Boo-Boo. It was at the top of one of my attic stairs so I was able to quickly retrieve it for her.

I mentioned to her that I still needed to "prepare" the hot tub, including strapping the cover down. She said that she had some wire that she found in the park and asked if I could use it. I followed her down to her house and she and I unwound enough to solve that dillemma. She also loaned me her wire cutters so I wouldn't have to seek out my own, in this panicked last minute state.

I returned to the house and wired each corner of the hot tub cover and then wired an "x" over the top, connected to the wire at each corner.

As I was removing the bamboo blinds, fire ants fell from the roof structure and bit my neck a dozen times. Huge whelps formed and I worried just a little, because of my allergies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home