Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday, 22 September... Setting up the Safe Room

Learning from a program on a local television station, that the hurricane track lended itself, if sheltering in place in Houston, to riding it out in the southwest corner of your house, preferably in a room with no or few windows.

I selected my living room. It isn't the southwest corner, but it IS south and west and only has one clerestory window, some 22"x72".

I set up a card table and then my hard drive and monitor on it. I had everything hooked up and booted the computer. Imagine my chagrin when I clicked on IE, in order to check in with my chatroom... and the internet was not available.

I closed it out, and tried again. Now... imagine my embarassment when it dawned on me that the broadband connection was a room away.

I thought briefly about moving the computer to my study... but was too tired. Instead, I went to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home