Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday 22 September... Run for Walky Talkys

A part of our neighborhood Commander's emergency plan was that each person who elected to stay would be issued a walky talky. Since I thought I was leaving, I didn't get one.

So, I made a quick phone call to Radio Shack to ensure that they were both open and stocked, and ran off to purchase 2 sets.

I stopped on the way home to give one to my good friends W&KL, who live 4 streets over. W and I figured out how to operate them and tested them and I took off for home. Once home, I took another one over to my next door neighbors, and again tested them.

The record heat really took it out of me, as the distances I travelled were so short that the car never cooled off. So, I sat down and tried to cool off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home