Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Wednesday, 21 September... Gas Line and Telephone Advisory

Around noon, and after hearing of gas shortages, I headed out to fill the CRV’s tank for my Thursday departure. There was a long line at the closest Shell station, but I waited patiently, out of fear that I might not find gas or a shorter line anywhere else.

While waiting, my cell phone rang. It was Birch, my CT friend. Birch is a wealth of information on many subjects, but hurricanes are her expertise. She was calling to make sure that I intended to stick to my plan of leaving Houston on Thursday morning.

She briefed me on Rita’s current status, forecast track, and all of the information that I should listen for and pay attention to, including eyewall replacement cycles.

I assured her that I was sticking to my plan and that preparations were well under way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home