Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday, 20 September... Pepi soothes the anxiety

I packed all of my photographs (including childhood photos of my parents), my Frank Lloyd Wright collection, my Roycroft books (mostly first editions), my Gertrude Stein books (mostly first editions) and other first editions that I have collected... all into waterproof plastic tubs.

I also gathered my important papers and other items that I could never replace.

There is a sense of emergency, but certain emotions arise in this situation. Questions pop into my mind as I walk through the house, mainly... Will I ever see this again? I love my little home, and I have invested a lot of myself into its restoration. I will survive its loss, as I have all the others before it, but it will be hard.

To relieve my anxiety, I select and sip on a bottle of my favorite wine... Pepi Sauvignon Blanc!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home