Thursday, September 22, 2005

Thursday, 22 September... Emergency Energy

I wake up to reports that the eye will pass over Galveston.

I launch myself and immediately begin to board my windows. To my surprise, the plywood is much lighter than it was last night. I quickly board all but the front double window and the door in the back.

I finish packing old photographs and Daddy's writings into a plastic tub, and load them into the car. I also load the FLW, GS and Roycropft colllections into the car. I disconnect my hard drive and monitor and move them to the backdoor.

I pack my silver and coin collections, as well as all important papers and move them to the car.

I load clean clothes into garbage bags and pack them, along with all of my jewelry into the car.

I prepare the backseat with pillows to make the dog comfortable in our evacuation.

I make plans for last minute loading of dog and computer and food...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home